[eats] the counter.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

147

The first time Dave and I went to The Counter was Valentine’s Day, 2007, when drove to Santa Monica with a couple of my roommates in D’s 1966 Dodge Coronet. The most memorable part of the night was on the way back when the Coronet’s throttle cable snapped and we ended up on a very narrow shoulder of the 405, one exit away from home, precariously getting picked in a minivan up by his brother & sister-in-law (thank you!) while cars whizzed past us.

We’re pretty thankful that subsequent visits to The Counter have been far less dramatic. Now that one has opened in Irvine, it’s become one of our favorite places to grab a burger. We love the options. And the sweet potato fries. And if their special shake of the month is ever banana split, absolutely order it.

This month, I highly recommend the beef on a multigrain bun with grilled onions, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, sprouts, market selection cheese, and tzatziki sauce. And I really have got to stop staring at the picture I took because I’m a split second away from heading over there right now.

3 comments:

Holly said...

We have The Counter in Seattle & just actually went to dinner there tonight! I love that place, yummm!

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

This is the most delicious picture I've seen in a while. So professional! I'm jealous of your skills (and the fact that you got to eat this). If I had this picture if front of me...I might lick it just to see what it tasted like. ;)

Fresh Out of Lemons said...

Sounds like a little burger place in my town. And now I want a burger. And beer. And sweet potato fries. And a milkshake. :)

Leslie
www.freshoutoflemons.com

/// no.17 All rights reserved >>>>> © Blog Milk Design